Sunday, June 8, 2008

Well Just Sit Right Back and You’ll Hear a Tale…

Felt that was appropriate as any a title since it’s been MONTHS since I last blogged and it has definitely been a tale of a faithful trip. I’m hoping to type until one of two things happen (1) I have finished telling of my adventures to date or (2) my fingers go numb from typing. I have had quite a few adventures since arriving in South Africa, one of which started off as a three hour tour. The weather didn’t really get rough, but we did get lost and had to spend the night in the mountains and I did feel like Gilligan for a while (apologies to those not familiar with the Gilligan’s Island reference). Wasn’t sure if we were going to make it out, but that story is for a bit later. Let’s just say that I didn’t think dying of hypothermia in South Africa was a possible way to leave this planet.

I will try my best to upate as detailed as possible, but with so much that's happened, and so much more on the way, I might just give the condensed versions of a few tales, but we'll see how it progresses.

It’s tough to know where to start. So much has happened since coming to SA, but I guess the beginning is as good as any. It’s funny, I keep thinking that I need to see this and I need to see that and that I have perhaps been working too many hours and am missing out on all my traveling time…until I sat down to write about it and realized that even though I have a lot yet to see, I have done more and seen more and met more amazing people then I can even recall in the six months I've been here. It's also hard to beleive that my six month anniversary in SA just past last week. I suppose time really does fly when you're having fun.

I am going to try and split each trip/event into a separate posting so you can easily navigate if you don’t feel like reading it all at once - or at all for that matter – hahahahaha. I'll hopefully get up some nice pictures though if you’re up for skimming. Whatever you decide I’ll pause now for all to go and get a big cup of coffee…myself included.

1 comment:

Mark said...

You damn well better finish at least one of those stories in the next week!

Isn't it funny that you never know who exactly is reading these things?