Saturday, October 6, 2007

Why Outside the Box?

I've had some friends come up to me in the last little while dissatisfied with the way their lives were going. Some sick of cubicle life day in, day out, some sick of being alone without someone to share life with, others a combination of both and so much more. It was easy to see that this was translating into their everyday lives at work, at home, not eating, losing sleep...the list goes on.

It made me think two things immediately:
(1) There must be millions of people out there that feel the same way and
(2) How fortunate I am to have the life I do

It made me question, why I was one of the fortunate ones and not them and I slowly began to realize that it had a lot to do with the choices I make on how I am going to live my life.

I too work in a cubicle day in and day out, the difference being I love the work I do. It wasn't always that way...I had a dead-end job, with a boss that, well, let's not go there, but I hated what I was doing at work and I too was stuck in the rut of the classical Dilbert style life inside the box, HOWEVER, it didn't seem to bother me too much because regardless of how crap work got, I made sure it did not translate to the rest of my life and decided at a very young age that life was too short to live and think and be consumed inside the box.

I hope this blog, through my life adventures and those of so many others, will inspire people to try something new to get out of whatever sort of rut they may be in and to get outside the box - mentally, physically, and emotionally. I hope it will also inspire those living it up to try something new that they never thought they would before. It will be a place where people can help motivate people through their own stories and life experiences.


A friend sent me this the other day and I thought it was quite fitting: Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOOHOO what a ride"!!

I look forward to telling everyone of my life adventures and hearing from all of you out there about your experiences and life journeys. Let's all inspire each other.

1 comment:

Liani said...

Stunning! Glad you finally started blogging, it's good fun, but the key is to update as much as possible, or else your readers gets upset, see? Have fun, and I hope loads of interaction...